Friday, April 11, 2014

portrait

When did you step back and analyze you work during this project? 

I did this often, I would step back and look at the overview every time I would finish a certain aspect. For example if I had finished the nose I would step back and look. I tried to never really look at the whole view before I was fully finished with the piece because I often find that a drawing always looks very wrong but you have to keep going and then it'll turn into a good finished piece. I try not to put myself in a position where I get frustrated because it "looks weird".

Did you consider how ideas would work before you tried them?

Honestly, most of the time no. While I drew the hair I did, but that was the only characteristic. For this piece of art I kind of just went with it.  What I did notice however, was that the hair turned out the most unrealistic and that is what I consider how ideas would work before I tried it.

How did you respond to challenges that occurred as you worked? 

I tried to focus on layers if a problem occurred. I would notice it quickly and focus on using layers to cover it up or morph the mistake into what I first meant it to turn out as.

Did your work take an unexpected turn due to a mistake or did something happen that was unplanned?

Not really. I had no set idea of how I thought this drawing would turn out as, and I had no huge mistakes or an epiphany on how to do something so there was no un-expected turn in my process/ work.




No comments:

Post a Comment